Saturday, March 24, 2007

Tweens'

So I came home, tired one Thursday night from my usual practices and rehersals for the musical. I found waiting for me there, a set of Planetary tuners! Huzzah! Hooray! My package from Stewmac finally arrived and I started snapping away. But when I compared the height of the nut to the height of the headstock, I was shocked. Did I really buy too short tuners again!? I sweated. I freaked out. I ripped off the veneer plate from the headstock taking the nut off as well. I opened up a tuner and realized. The nuts are height adjustable. BWah?! I just ripped off the head plate for nothing?! Gaaah. So now begins the tedious process of re gluing it back on. Not so much tedious as much as plain sucks. It was loose anyways. How else do you think I got my fingers into it? So now, its re glued and ready to be used. Well, drilled. The tuners are 3/8ths of an inch whereas the holes are a bit smaller for those old economy tuners.

No comments: