Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Parts

I have just completed another stage in my journey to building a banjo. Well, technically rebuilding.

Phase 1: Order banjo *check*

Phase 2: Order parts *check*

Phase 3: Document the repair (no check)

SP 1: Dismantle Banjo
SP 2: Clean all existing Parts
SP 3: Replace old parts with new parts
SSP 1: Change tuners
SSP 2: Change Head
SSP 3: Change Tailpiece
SSP 4: Replace bad nut
SSP 4.5: Change Bridge
SSP 5: Change Strings
SP 4: Documentation

Phase 4: presentation

Ok, So phase 3 has yet to come. But I did buy all my parts last night. Elderly hasnt shipped out my stuff yet, but I think Janet Davis music has started sending my mute.

things bought:

1 Waverly Tailpiece
1 11" remo weather king with frosted white top, 5/8ths" crown
3 sets of Vega tenor Strings
1 set of 4 grover perma tension pegs
1 replacement hex nut
1 grover banjo bridge with inserts
1 Copy of Harry Reser's 1927 Banjo learning guide
1 endstring mute

No comments: