Sunday, February 4, 2007

it's Here!

So it is finally here! I'm just late in posting this. So It arrived in the mail last monday. Jan 29, 2007 fresh from Oklahoma. I had no idea when it would get here and by 4:30 I was kinda worried that it would never come. But when that UPS truck rolled by, I was excited. This was one of the first things I have ever bought on ebay for my sole pleasure and By dinner time, I had it cleaned and ready. Of course, It's not ever ready. So lets begin.

Image one: That's my mandolin Ethel next to the Tenor Banjo. They both have those gibsonesque head stocks which I like alot, but the tenor's veneer was starting to come off. So I might get someone to fix that up a bit. But looking it over, it's quite nice.

Image two: Yes that is my leg before you ask. It came with a stock POS tailpiece with a useless top design thingy. Obviously, I am going to change this. And furthermore, I decided on Waverly for my tailpiece. The one thing I dislike is the resonator. The only way to mount it, is to screw it onto the lugs. Which is a pain. And another thing. The screws suck. The one closest to the tailpiece requires an even bigger screw of which, I have none. So there's a multitude of problems. And this one certainly is a fixer upper.

Image three:
Headstock, As I said. Gibsonesque. Since it's blank, I probably ought to take the opportunity to find a gibson logo and screen it on. That would be awesome. But I gotta find it fast before I change the tuners.


And a curly maple resonator. Which Is a nice thing about it.

Specifications:

Head size(Diameter): 11"
Crown: 3/4"
Bridge: Stock shit: 1/2 inch
Frets: 19 block
tailpiece: stock shit: Resembles Model A type
Armrest: Cheap with veneer
head: n/a
tuners: Open back gear
Pot: Curly Pressed maple
Neck rod: Single tension
Overall height: 36"
Lugs: 30
hooks: Flat
Tone ring: unknown currently

Wait for more pictures of it disassembled!

No comments: