Sunday, April 1, 2007

Finishing


Looking back, this has been a fun project. Planning was the biggest key to doing the entire project.

What I've learned:
Money isn't easy to come by, but its damn easy to spend.
If I'm going to work, I'd best put my whole effort into it
I've really gotten closer to my tools

Working on something like this, something you've put your tears, sweat and blood into, I know the feeling. Its a rush to finally see your project finished like this. All's left is to fill out the form and get a grade.

Banjo specs:

Head diameter: 11 1/8th inch
Head type: fyberskin
Lugs: 30 hex
tailpiece: Waverly
bridge: Grover ebony with inserts
Neck: 19 frets
Brand: Astro
Tuners: Five star Planetary 9:1 ratio
Strings: Vega tenor strings T09, T16, T23, T30

Process:

Jan 29: Purchased Banjo from Oklahoma
Feb 28: Disassembled entire banjo
March 14: Purchased head
March 14: Installed head
March 22: Purchased tuners
March 31: Installed tuners
March 31: Installed strings and bridge
March 31: Installed mutes
April 1: Finished

Due date of project: April 14

DONE!

Happy strummin' to all!

No comments: