Monday, January 15, 2007

January 15, 2007

Synopsis: So my job is to assemble a tenor banjo by May 4th 2007. So i'm going to keep this blog as records to show you all my wonderful, slow progress.

So today is a pretty monumental day. I had the chance to bid originally for a 1920s Maple burl pot including tone ring, lug nuts, j hooks and flange but the bidding got out of control and yours truly couldnt afford it much longer.

So instead, I decided to go down the other path and purchase a kit and assemble it from that. Yes I know it's not the same but hear me out. I'm going to mod it and add things. I've chosen a pretty rough manufactured kit type from Grizzly Industrial incorporated.

you can find it here:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/H3124

But at first, you look at it and you see an open back five string. Yes, but I am going to find an older neck, resonator and better tuners and maybe pre war lug nuts as well. But until then,

Banjo Power!

No comments: